Thursday, August 28, 2008

Money sucker (pun intended)

To say things in the simplest form, I have never saved up a single penny. To spend what I reap, that's totally MY way of life, just that I don't always reap enough to support my spendings. The shopping mood comes at the darnest moments, when I have like less than a hundred dollars in my account.

Well, doing what I like when I feel most like it, is my another way of life.

So, that lands me in a situation whereby I do not have any savings. This is probably unacceptable, since I'm already an undergraduate ( a 3rd year at that), and I have a list of debts that I'm entitled to pay for right after my graduation, or rather, right after I get a job. The thought of having a deficit in my account savings in conjuction with the joy of receiving my first pay dreads me. Therefore, something struck me after I see a 4-digit amount in my bank today, first time in the last 3 years.



I'm going to plan my finances as of today. (Okay, as of next month. A fresh start is necessary to accomplish a tough goal. 好的开始是成功的一半, okay)

My humble plan is to put aside $50 every month, keeping my extra spendings to the minimum, unless very urgent. No worries there, I don't define urgency as buying a dress that I really like, nor that of having to kill stress by splurging. Urgency here, refers to friends' birthdays; a sudden spamming of lecture notes by my profs onto edventure or some life threatening circumstances, like if my dog gets kidnapped.

I have done a mental calculation of the amount to keep aside for necessities like concession and food, and how much I have left for extra spendings after the deduction of all those. What's left to do is to write that down in some account book, and getting ahead to DOING IT. Everything of me, including my horoscope, has constructed me into someone not very determined and too 青菜 to abide to my accounts. But that's never an excuse, right?

Yep, so that pretty much sums up the biggest event of my life at the present stage. Hey, saving up is a big thing for me.

And don't ask me why I have chosen to blog in English today. I think I just feel like it, and I'm certain that many of my friends will be happy about it. If you like I can do a translation:

简单的来说,我从没省过一分钱。一份耕耘,一份收获是我的座右铭。虽然两者往往无法成正比。。。。。

Have a nice day, everybudy! :)

P.S. I realised that I can be really longwinded in English, probably due to deprivation of vocab and lack of command of the language. Shucks.

0 comments: